The Error of the Mormons
Having limited space in this pamphlet, I will focus only on a few basic teachings of the Mormon church.
What they teach about God
God the Father was once a man, but became God, He has a physical body as does his wives. He was chosen in a counsel of gods to be the God of the planet earth. With his wives he procreated all the spirits which are embodied in mankind.
Psalms 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie;
Isaiah 44:6 ....I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Isaiah 43:10 ... before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Deuteronomy 4:35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.
What they teach about Jesus Christ
Jesus is a separate god from the Father, He was created as a spirit child by the Father and his heavenly wife and is a spirit brother of Lucifer, who became Satan.
Jesus was never created, He has always been with God the Father as God the Son, the 2nd. Person of the trinity.
John 1:1-3,14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Vs.2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Vs.3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Vs.14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Lucifer (Satan) is a fallen angel. Jesus was never an angel.
Hebrews 1:5,13 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Lucifer was a created angel - Jesus was never created, and is eternal.
Concerning Lucifer (satan)
Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Concerning Jesus Christ
1John 1:2 For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;
In His Pre-Bethlehem existence As God the Son, the 2nd person of the trinity; Jesus Christ as the word of God was in fact the creator. See John 1:3
Their teaching concerning the Birth of Jesus
Elohim, the father God came to the earth and had physical sex with the virgin Mary, who was no longer a virgin
Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son...
If Mary had physical sex with God then she would have been committing adultery. God's word says thou shalt not commit adultery. If God has commanded us not to commit adultery, then He is not going to break His own commandments and cause another to do so.
What they teach about salvation
The death of Jesus on the cross, does not provide full atonement for all sin, it does provide everyone with resurrection.
There is no salvation outside of the Mormon church (church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints).
Salvation is by works, including faithfulness to church leaders, baptism, tithing, ordination, marriage, and secret temple rites.
The shed blood of Christ is inadequate to atone for all of the sins of man.
Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
* This man did nothing to earn salvation he just believed and put his trust in the Lord Jesus.
Some Basic Doctrinal errors of the Mormons
1. They deny that Jesus was begotten by the Holy Spirit (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1, p. 51)
2. They claim that Jesus had several wives (polygamously). The wedding at Cana was Jesus' own wedding where He married Mary, Martha and the other Mary. (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1, pp. 345-6)
3. Jesus atoned for the sins of Adam ONLY. We must make atonement for our own sins by good works.
4. Mormon leaders claim "infallibility." They speak on behalf of God Himself.
5. They claim that those who enter the third heaven, will progress to Godhood, will be able to create their own worlds, populate them, redeem them, and even provide an Adversary with which to test them.
6. They teach that The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three separate Gods. NOT ONE God as taught in Christianity. Jesus became a God after his death, burial and resurrection. (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 370, 372; The Gospel through the Ages, 1958, p.21)
7. That God the Father, in a physical body, had sexual intercourse with the virgin Mary. (Mormon doctrine, p.547; Journal of Discourses, V. 1, p. 51; V. 4, p. 218)
~~ Beware - Wolves in sheepskin clothing ~~
For more in depth information see the following web site: