Composed of the Following:
|1 Timothy||2 Timothy||Titus||Philemon|
The purpose of this epistle to Timothy was for personal instruction as a good minister of Jesus Christ; also instructions concerning church order. A key verse is found in 3:15, which states, ď ..that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to conduct thyself in the house of God , which is the pillar and ground of the truth.Ē
1 Timothy Ch.1-6
1. Timothy was to instruct people not to teach other
2. Who did Paul say that he was before ( he got saved )
3. Why did he say he obtained mercy?________________________________________________________________
4. Christ Jesus came into the world to ____________sinners.
5. Another reason Paul obtained mercy, was so that Jesus
could show forth in him________________________________
6. Who should Christians pray for, so that we might live
7. How many mediators are there between God and man? 2 - 1 - 3
8. Who is that mediator? 1. the church 2. Jesus 3. preachers
9. A woman (wife) is not to ______________________over the man. (her husband.)
10. Name some of the qualifications for a
11. Name some of the qualifications for a
12. Name some things that the Spirit says will take place
in the latter times_____________________________________
13. How are we to treat the elderly men______________________ the
the younger women___________________________________________________________________________
14. The early church took care of qualifying widows. True or False
15. Thou shall not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the
corn means. 1. Let the cattle eat 2.elders-pastors receive wages for
their labor 3. corn is to be fed to ox
16. An elder can never be accused of any thing True or False
17. We should be content if we have__________________________________________________________________
18. What is the root of all evil_______________________________________________________________________
19. What was Paulís charge to those that were rich in this
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
The 2nd. epistle of
Paul to Timothy was written while in prison, awaiting his execution and
may have been his last epistle. Abandoned by most of his friends (1:15,
4:16) Paul speaks of the time of his departure as being at hand (4:6).
Paul admonishes Timothy to endure hardness, as a good soldier of the Lord
and preach the word of God.
1. For God has not given us the spirit of fear;
2. Christ abolished_________ and brought ________________to light thru___________________________________
3. Who sought Paul out very diligently, while in Rome ____________________________________________________
4. Soldiers of Jesus donít entangle themselves with_______________________________________________________
5. What was Timothy to do, to show himself approved unto
6. What sort of vessels are in a great
7. What kind of questions was Timothy to avoid________________________________________________________
8. The servant of the Lord must not strive but
9. What kind of times is coming in the last days 1. good times 2. perilous 3. easy times
10. Name some of the conditions of men in the last
11. For how long had Timothy known the holy scriptures 1. from a child 2. from teenager
12. The scriptures will make a person wise about salvation. True or False
13. What was given by inspiration of
14. Timothy was to preach the word and_______________________________ with all long-suffering and doctrine.
15. What will people do, when they wonít endure sound
16. Timothy was to endure afflictions and do the work of an ________________________________________________
17. What kind of crown was laid up for Paul ___________________________________________________________
18. Only Paul was going to get this crown. True or False
19. Who stood with Paul and strengthened him __________________________________________________________
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of
fear; but of power, and of love, and of sound mind.
This epistle to Titus was instructions for him to ordain elders, qualifications and duties of elders, as well as exhortations to godly living.
1. God cannot lie. True or False
2. For what reason did Paul leave Titus in
3. A qualification for a bishop was his age. True or False
4. There were many unruly, vain talkers and deceivers among the Cretians. True or False.
5. Titus was to rebuke them sharply that they____________________________________________________________
6. The aged men should be_________________________________________________________________________
7. The aged women should be_______________________________________________________________________
8. Who was to teach the young women family values______________________________________________________
9. In what way, are Christians to live, in this present
10. What blessed hope is Christians looking for?_________________________________________________________
11. Christians are to be subject to powers, magistrates ( Govt.) obey the laws of the land True or False
12. Christians are to speak evil of no man ( person ) True or False
13. God saved us according to his mercy, not our works of righteousness. True or False
14. Titus was to avoid, what kind of
Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men.
This epistle is a personal letter to Philemon who had a an unprofitable servant named Onesimus who after ( in all probability ) stole from him, ran away. Under Paulís ministry, Onesimus was converted and now Paul writes to Philemon to receive him back not only as a servant, but a brother in Christ.
This two main characters of this epistle is Philemon a well off Christian and one of his servants named Onesimus. After stealing from his master Philemon; Onesimus runs away to Rome. While in Rome, Onesimus is converted under Apostle Paul's ministry ( vs.10 ) so Paul writes this epistle to Philemon, encouraging him to receive Onesimus back, not only as a servant, but as a brother in Christ. In verse (18-19 ) Paul says that he would repay Philemon anything that Onesimus owed to him.
1. Paul considered himself a prisoner of Jesus Christ. True or False
2. People had church in their house True or False
3. Paul was appealing to Philemon in behalf of what person?_______________________________________________
4. Onesimus ( a servant, possibly a slave ) was at one
time unprofitable to Philemon.
True or False
5. Paul was willing to repay anything that Onesimus owed. True or False
What kind of lessons of Christian value and principals can we learn from this letter? - epistle